Arahant, the literary club and Drishtikon, the Debating Society of Gautam Buddha University participated in the National Literary festival ‘Clava Fiesta’, organised by Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. The event was held on 15th and 16th February, 2012. This two day long colorful event comprised many literary events where participants, students, academicians, faculty members, teachers and intellectuals gatheredand celebrated the 50 years of the formation of literary activities in the Aligarh Muslim University. The National Literary Festival “Clava Fiesta”comprised of the following events –
(i) Panel Discussion,
(ii) Book Fair,
(iv) Master Quiz,
(v) Essay Writing Competition and
(vi) Creative Writing Competition.
Gautam Buddha University fetched five awards in the event and the details are as follows:
1. Creative Writing (English) – Ms. Neelam Singhal – Third prize
2. Creative Writing (Hindi) – Ms. Jaya Nayak – Third prize
3. Elocution (English) – Ms. Apeksha Nimbadia – Second prize
4. Elocution (Hindi) – Mr. Waris Nawaz Khan – Second prize
5. Elocution (Urdu) – Ms. Himanshi Sharma – Judge’s prize
The theme of the festival was ‘media and its role in secularism’. Ms. Priyanka Chhabria, MA Development Studies student represented the Gautam Buddha University in the panel discussion with the theme ‘Freedom of Speech and responsibility in media’.